BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 7//CSI: Miami Fan Rant

This week was glorious in the fact that I didn't have to wake up @ 5:35 am from Wednesday to Friday thanks to no classes on Wed (Grito de Lares) and the DEME prof not meeting the class on Thursday for review. Still, I had the first two out of five midterm tests (INGL 3251 and CONT 4007). The Literature test went exceedingly well while the Federal Tax one probably ass-raped me...

Now for the bulk of this post:

See that there? That is the current cast of CSI: Miami, right? Good we have that out of the way. Yes, I am a diehard fan but this is not about Lt. Firecrotch ^...

When you hear CSI: Miami, what comes to mind? Lulzy acting, dubious science, bad guys getting pumped full of lead? If so, cookie for you, you got the gist of the show! Granted, it's not Emmy material but the people who watch it enjoy it. If you noticed the list of ideas, you noticed I've left out one word-slash-theme: romance. CSI: Las Vegas and CSI: NY did it nice and easy; there was evidence of the love grown between Gil/Sara and Danny/Lindsay. CSI: M tried their hands at romance twice and here are their results:

*Horatio/Marisol but we didn't see the extent of that relationship until after she died. Her death STILL brings him pain and for two seasons, Horatio might as well changed his named to Dexter With a Gun and a Badge.

*The debacle that is Calleigh/Eric. At the first couple of seasons, I could see this but from 3rd to 6th season, they seemed more of a brother-sister than lovers. Then suddenly POOF! Season 7 came along and they magically hooked up. See the difference? No? Ok, uh can you say "fan-service"?

I love reading TV Guide's Show Recaps from any show (Fringe recaps are hilarious and educational) but I've noticed a trend that does not please me in the least: the teenage fanbrat.
I know because I have to reluctantly acknowledge the fact that I was one for a while. Teenage fans tend to volatile yet treasured by networks because of they compose at least 35% of the TV audience. Yes, romance attracts a lot more viewers than just CSI-ing but abruptly catering that sector can cause disappointment for those who have been with the show for longer. For my part, I tend to enjoy my shows without being forcefed a bland excuse for Twu LUV (actually E/C has no evidence of that either...).

Another thing that arouses Twatlight-RAEG from this show is said fanbrat reaction to Eric Delko's departure. Like any show, actors will leave and do other things for many reasons: they might want to pursue film, the chemistry has run out or they are invited by other networks to work for them. But, dear fanbrat who read this, keep in mind that just because one actor is leaving "OMG TEH SHOWS GOING TO SUCK B/C ERICK AND CALLIE AREN'T TOGETHER!"...yes, I died a little inside writing that travesty. These are the same people who spam other people's fandoms with CAPSRAPE declaring that A/B ARE OTP AND UR SIK AND WRUNG FOR NOT SHIPPING THEM ('shipping is srs bsn, dontcha know?). Don't tell me that because Eric is leaving, the show's over: I saw when Speedle died and when Grissom left. Yes, their ratings slipped but hey, they're still on (if you haven't noticed by now, I'm a Horatio fan so I'm open to get the lulz for it).

TL; DR: Don't turn my forensic show into Twatlight. I mean it. I think I've discussed this before....

0 comments: